Inaugural Lecture of ENS Professor Philipp Hacker
On Tuesday, 5 December 2023, 6-9:30 PM CET, ENS Professor for Law and Ethics of the Digital Society Philipp Hacker will hold his inaugural lecture at the auditorium 'Logensaal' of European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder). At the same time, the event will be the launch date of the International Expert Consortium for the Regulation, Economics and Computer Science of AI (RECSAI). A live stream of the event will be available.
- Welcome address by Prof. Dr. Ulrich Häde, Dean, Faculty of Law, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
- Welcome address by Prof. Dr. Eduard Mühle, President, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
- Presentation of RECSAI by Sarah Hammer, Executive Director for Finance, The Wharton School; Adjunct Professor, Penn Carey School of Law, University of Pennsylvania; Co-Lead, RECSAI (via Zoom)
- Keynote address "Generative AI and Policy: Evaluating ChatGPT & Co." by Ramayya Krishnan, Dean, Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy; William W. and Ruth F. Cooper Professor of Management Science and Information Systems, Carnegie Mellon University; Member, National AI Advisory Council to the US President (via Zoom)
- Welcome address by Prof. Dr. Jan-Hendrik Passoth, Director, European New School of Digital Studies (ENS) Inaugural
- Lecture by Prof. Dr. Philipp Hacker: "Computer Science and Law: Foundations, Applications and Futures"
Following the lecture, there will be time to ask questions (in German or English) and end the evening with snacks and drinks.